Bendalls Engineering was founded in 1894 as a family owned business and has always been at the forefront of fabrication technology. In the 1920’s, the company manufactured the body panels for Donald Campbell’s Bluebird land and water record breaking speed machines.
During the 1950’s, Bendalls Engineering became one of the first suppliers of bespoke equipment into Windscale, Britain’s first nuclear facility. To this day, Bendalls Engineering remains a leading player in supplying to the nuclear industry. In the 1970’s, Bendalls manufactured pressure equipment for the burgeoning North Sea oil and land based petrochemical industry and has since become a global player within this sector.
In 1996, Bendalls Engineering was bought by Carr’s Milling Industries PLC, now Carr’s Group PLC, and is an essential part of the expanding Carr’s Fabrication & Precision Engineering Division.
Our operational base occupies 56,000 square feet over two sites within Kingstown Industrial Estate in Carlisle, Cumbria. Bendalls provides capability across four workshops for large scale fabrication up to 250 tonne, dedicated assembly and testing facilities, a large X-Ray bay to carry out on site radiography and an in-house machine shop facility.